You can create an issue dependency upon creating a new issue, or you can use an existing issue and convert it into a dependency.
To create a new dependency:
- Click the "Add Issue" button on your Waffle board
- Add your favorite dependency keyword to the issue's title or description (see keywords here).
3. Once the issue is created, you'll see "Required by #41" nested beneath the issue that was just created and "Requires #42" under issue #41.
To convert an issue into a dependency:
- Click on the issue number or comment icon to open the detail modal
- Add your favorite dependency keyword to the issue's title or description
3. You'll see below that issue #43 became the issue that was blocked (keyword was "needs"), and #2 became the issue that was blocked by #43.
Note: The keyword you use will display in the issue's detail modal. Requires and required by will always be the display words on the card view.
When you close an issue that's blocking another, you'll see a completed check mark ✅ on the issue that was blocked, indicating that it is no longer blocked.
**Don’t see this feature on your Waffle board? You may be on our legacy account. We’d love for you to start a trial to checkout all the goodies you’re missing like this one! Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to start a free trial.