Snapshots can be used to restore your Takeout installation in the event that something happens to the host machine or the installation itself. Snapshots are stored in
/var/lib/replicated/snapshots on the host machine. It is highly recommended that you copy these backups to another location on a regular basis to minimize risk of losing them along with your installation in the event the host machine encounters complications.
This must be manually configured using the admin console. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the management interface on port 8800 - Example: https://waffle.company.com:8800
- Click on the gear icon at the top right of the screen
- Select Console Settings
- Click Snapshot & Restore on the Left
- Adjust the following settings as you see fit for your environment:
- Max Number of Snapshots retained
- Automatic Snapshots - click the button to enable
- Then you can choose your preferred schedule
It would be highly advisable to monitor disk usage pending on how often snapshots are run and your usage of waffle overall.